Originally, this country was considered a wasteland and dumping ground for the dregs of society. Specifically, England would send the criminals and anyone that was opposed to the Church of England here as a punishment. The expectation was that the vastness of this wilderness would “solve” the problem as most if not all were expected to succumb to the wildness of America.
What transpired is that the vast majority survived and prospered in this environment. This is a testament to the tenacity of our forbearers. When this was realized, England soon wanted undue and disproportional taxes from these settlers. This created discontent and soon there was talk of secession from English rule. This talk continued for quite a while, until the anger overflowed and the “Declaration of Independence” was written and sent to the King of England. Our founding fathers knew when they sent that document, there would be an immediate military response and England would not willingly give up the tax revenue nor allow one of its colonies to “disrespect” the King.
The Revolutionary War was then fought and freedom for America was won. Our founding fathers went back to work to draw up a Constitution to establish the exact form of government. It was decided that we would have a Republic and adhere to the rule of law. They established three separate and distinct branches as a checks and balances system to ensure for all time that this form of government would prevail. Our founding fathers even went so far as to call this an experiment. The three branches were the Presidency, which would be the ultimate administrator. Next is Congress, which is comprised of the House and Senate, tasked with oversight and the responsibility for making and passing laws. Finally, there was the Supreme Court of the United States, and their sole responsibility was to administer the law in a firm, fair, and impartial manner. All one has to do is to look at the icon for the court. She is Lady Justice. She is blindfolded, and she is holding a balance beam scale in her hand. She is to be blind to all but the law and will be fair and balanced. She is to administer the law in a firm, fair, and impartial manner, without regard for any other branch or person.
This worked well for well over one hundred years, until the Supreme Court was asked and responded to interpreting the law. This was not only wrong, it was illegal. If anyone with even a modicum of common sense thought about it, by interpreting the law, the Supreme Court is now legislating from the bench. We no longer require the Congress and should no longer pay their salaries. The president can tell the courts exactly what he wants, and they interpret the way that he wants and rule in his favor. We then no longer have a Republic and are headed towards tyranny which we fought a war to escape when we created this country originally.
So how did we get here and what do we do? How we got here was slow and deliberate for a very long time. Both political parties are equally culpable in the total destruction of this country, and especially the destruction of the Constitution.
To retake or return this country back to the once great status and freedoms that we all enjoyed, all that we have to do is to adhere to the Constitution and demand that our elected officials act in accordance with their oath in all matters, especially the part about defending the Constitution.
Since September 11, 2001, there has been a steady assault on the Constitution beginning with the 4th Amendment. This was further assaulted in the current administration with the TSA searches at airports. Additionally, when the current resident of the White House was running for president, he stated that the Constitution was an antiquated document that should be revisited. He also stated that he would fundamentally change this country. He is doing both. He first stated that we were not a Christian Nation. He was and is wrong.
So let’s take out our score cards and take look at what has happened since January 22, 2008.
1. Within hours of taking his oath, the new president, through executive order, eliminated Posse Comitatus. This was the 1878 law that prevented the United States military from policing on U.S. soil.
2. Next was the Food Safety Bill that makes it illegal for anyone to grow their own food.
3. At some point (we do not have all the details yet) a plan was conceived and executed by the ATF, through the Department of Justice and the NSC, (which is chaired by the President) to sell guns illegally through “straw” purchases to people who cannot legally purchase or own guns. The explanation was that they would be tracked into Mexico and to the cartels to charge and litigate against the illegal drug trade. The problem is that Mexico was not apprised of this and one or more of these weapons made their way back across the border. On December 24, 2010, a United States Border Patrol Agent, Brian Terry, was killed with one of these guns and the weapon was left at the scene. During the subsequent investigation, it was discovered that there was a second operation that originated in Florida and was called Operation Gun Runner. This was to do the same thing, but sell the guns to Central America and track these guns back to the cartels. Several of these guns have been tracked to Mexico and at least two have been traced to homicides in central Los Angeles. There is rumored to be a third operation that was in the heartland and was directly selling guns to known gang members. The logical conclusion is that the powers that be wanted to have a multitude of violent incidents in several locations of the United States to show that the proliferation of guns was out of control and that the 2nd Amendment should be abolished.
4. Next was the NDAA. In September of 2011 the President requested that there be a bill passed that allowed him to declare anyone a “domestic terrorist” and allow for the arrest, detention, incarceration, torture, and subsequent killing of these persons without charges, trial, or any “due process” of any kind. This was quickly shot down. In December, the NDAA, National Defense Authorization Act was passed. While the basic bill is of little consequence, contained within this bill was the September bill. The President signed it into law on December 31, 2011.
5. In 2009, the Health Care Bill was passed. Nancy Pelosi stated on camera, “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.” When, if ever, has anyone signed a contract that they did not read? This was shoved down our throats. The funding was in dispute at best, not to mention all the forced services and refusal of services based upon a government panel that was not medical. Now we find out that the President has forced contraception and abortion on religious medical providers, contrary to their ethics, morals, and conscience. This has nothing to do with contraception as this was decided and settled under Roe V Wade. This was a clear violation of the separation of Church and State as the president has declared himself Lord and Master of the United States.
For those that are trying to keep score, here is the big picture. The pro-gun community will argue that the 2nd Amendment is the cornerstone of the Constitution, and I would agree with this. When the Constitution was originally written, there was much that was left out, and the founding father went back to the drawing board and created the Bill of Rights. It is very important that one understands that the very first three words of the Constitution set the stage for this form of government and all that follows, “We the People.” Next is the Bill of Rights and the following phrase, “We are endowed by our Creator, with certain unalienable rights”.
So what does this mean to us? What does this mean to us in this day and age, when the president has declared that we are not a Christian Nation? Since it should be obvious that things have changed severely since 2008, we should be focused on one issue and one issue only. That would be the positive restoration of the Constitution. This paper is not pointing fingers at one particular political party as they are both culpable in the total destruction of the United States and particularly the Constitution. This is to advise and enlighten all that are willing to listen to the voice of reason that we are in serious trouble. The best candidate in the upcoming election will be the one who is dedicated to the restoration of the Constitution as the law of the land.
The second amendment was written to be self explanatory. Unfortunately most people are unwilling to read or understand the basis of our history and how and why it was written. When you talk to most people, they are stuck on one word and one word alone. That word is militia. The vast majority of people truly believe that it refers directly to the National Guard or the military of the United States. We must understand that when we had won our independence from England, we were broke, and could not afford to establish, pay, outfit, and maintain any type of army or military service, other than the United States Navy to protect our shores and sovereignty. To fully understand the term militia, we have to understand that there was a law passed that required every able bodied man between the ages of 15 to 60 to own one musket, one pound of powder, and one pound of lead, and maintain these at all times for a “call to arms”. When Paul Revere made his epic ride, this was a call to arms. The citizen soldier was the militia. We were all the militia. This stayed pretty much this way until 1878 when there was a Federal law that instituted the National Guard. While this was all well and good, there was no actual funding until 1909. So we are right back to the citizen soldier and that anyone of good character, free from prosecution has the right, granted by his creator to keep and bear arms. The right of self defense cannot ever be granted by a government as they then have the right to take it away. Aaron Burr, shortly after the Bill of Rights was written was asked about the 2nd Amendment. He stated, “Because of what we have just been through, no standing army shall ever be more powerful then the people who they are paid to protect.” The phrase, because of what we had just been through, refers directly to the Revolutionary War.
No Administration would ever dare to attempt to subjugate the Constitution unless they could repeal the 2nd Amendment. Nobody wants a civil war or a new revolution. If they are able to repeal the 2nd, then they can completely change or destroy the Constitution. Since the attempt was made by this Administration, and it has failed thus far, several other aspects of the Constitution have and continue to come under attack. This is not without reason, as if they can do this without opposition, they can change our thought process and fundamentally change this country, FOREVER!
With the attack on the 1st Amendment, the 4th Amendment, the 8th, and 14th Amendment, it will be relatively easy to dispose of the 2nd, in light of the ability of the POTUS to declare any and all that oppose him a domestic terrorist and arrest, detain, incarcerate, torture, and finally kill them without regard for the piece of paper that we call the Constitution.
Many will say that it is half time and we are in the locker room trying to figure out a game plan to make a comeback. I will now tell you that it is really late in the 4th quarter and we are in serious trouble. It is time to pull the scrubs and put in the A-team. It is now time to use our trick play. While you are scratching your head and trying to figure out the trick play, I will say that I will not tell you the play. I will tell you where the play is written. READ THE CONSTITUTION!
When all else fails, there is the Constitution which outlines what our rights and responsibilities are. Thank God for our founding fathers and the Constitution. Part of the Gettysburg Address, “That this nation shall not perish from the earth”!
Do you want your heirs to look back on this time and say, what were my father, mother, grandfather, or grandmother thinking and doing? Why did they not see this happening and stop it?
Or would you rather be remembered as the generation that made a stand for God and country, and persevered and prevailed? Only you can answer these questions.
At this moment in time, you are either a friend of our nation or an enemy. Decide where you stand and why. May God have mercy on us all.